Tuesday 18 November 2008

The End of Autumn

As the sun sets over the pond and the weather starts to turn on it's final leg up to Christmas, it's time to get the winter coats out of the cupboard and to look at the settings on the central heating.

My new family come from much warmer climes and, to be honest, have been feeling the chill for a few weeks now. Of course they are excited that it may snow, and keep asking if we're going to have a white Christmas.

My family, if you get to read this, please remember. The snow looks nice, at least for the first few hours through the kitchen window. It's fun to play in in the garden, although remember your gloves, hats and scarves. But then think of me, trampling through the slush, with my feet like ice, standing at the station waiting for a train that isn't coming as the points are frozen. Walking to the office at the other end, being stabbed by the unbrellas of people that thinks it helps.

When I come home, treat me nicely, be patient and let me rant about my day and the hassles I have had, they will last as long as the snow and then everything will be back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment