Tuesday 13 April 2010

Where has the time gone?

I do have to apologise, I haven't been particularly busy that I could put a hand on, but I just dont seem to have to time.

I am going to try and get on here a bit more regularly, even though the number of readers can be counted on one hand!

This June 30th will be 10 years since Zim Israel Navigation Company Limited/Star Shipping Agencies London, closed their doors at 155 Gower Street. It was the longest I have ever worked for a company-14 years. There were good times, I married my first wife whilst I was there and met my second wife.....although it took 14 years from meeting number two to marrying her!

There were bad times, the management was all Israeli's that came over for 5 years postings, and some of them were obnoxious, jumped up XXXXs (fill in the missing word with your own imaginations).

I started as a 'Container Repair Assistant' after a 20 minute interview with a fantastic man. After a few years, he moved back to Israel and I became the 'Manager'. 6 more years and I moved to the Computer Department (after one of the XXXXs and I had a disagreement). I built a network and progressed from there.....Until they decided that London was too expensive and closed the office.

I was glad I had the time there......

No comments:

Post a Comment