Tuesday 9 December 2008

Too Many Lights?

I may have given the idea that I'm a little 'Bah Humbug' about Christmas, but that is not true. Now Christmas is only a few weeks away, and the decorations are starting to appear, it's okay.
Last Sunday I was in the attic getting the decorations down. I used to keep them in the wardrobe but, since I got married and everything was redecorated, things got tidied up.
I never realised how many lights, decorations, wrapping paper and Christmas cards we actually had. Each year, in the sales, we would buy the stuff cheap (because who wants decorations after Christmas!). We'd get home and put them in the cupboard for the next year. Then we'd forget and end up with the same lights we'd been using for ages.
Now with my new family (with children) Christmas is getting exciting again. We (they) have put loads of lights out. In the windows, in the hallway, in the dining room and, of course, on the Christmas tree. The whole house literally glows.
We have put a tree out. To be fair, the same tree for the last 20 years, but it's only had about 40 weeks worth of use! and is still doing okay. We have presents wrapped under the tree. We have surprise presents hidden away...even ones that not everybody know about!!
This is going to be one of the most fun Christmas' I've had for a long, long time.

2 comments:

  1. Darling! yes, it's your wife. what
    "other surprise presents not everybody know about!"????????? come home now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am a bah humbug. The only enjoyment I get from Christmas day is the whisky I've been drinking since 5am and being able to go upstairs and watch Star Trek with Kirk and his pals roughing up some aliens again.
    No one in our house gets surprise; pressies as it's too much of a risk, not getting what you want.
    Mind you I do miss the days my old man would be slaughtered and trying to put our scalectrix together while we messed with the Meccano!!!!
    Merry Credit Crunch and a Happy New Balance

    ReplyDelete